"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

Monday, October 20, 2008

New Hobby?








Do you like my new hobby? (Ha!) Well, they're not really my cakes...I'm taking a 4 week fondant class at Michael's Crafts with a few friends and I have big dreams of making some beautiful cakes. Check back for pics of my "real" cakes, but don't be too scared! I'm sure they won't look anything like these!

4 comments:

FightOnLara said...

I'm going to have to sit at the loser end of the class if this is how fancy your cakes turn out.

April said...

I'm sure they'll look exactly like this. Between you and Lara, you'll put me to shame! At least I can say, "I knew her when..."

Can't wait to see how it all goes next week!

Joy said...

I want to see pictures when you make some. I took a cake decorating class when Paige was a baby. It was fun. I never did fondant though. You'll have to let me know how that is to work with.

Betsy said...

Tracy I just found your blog recently and am enjoying new reading material! My grandma taught me to cake decorate when I was in high school, but it stresses me out so much! It is only for very special occasions that anyone gets a homemade cake because it takes so long! Good luck!

Your family pictures are great!